ATTENTION LEASING AGENTS AND MANAGERS
ERAS is pleased to announce new services relating to compliance with regulations pertaining to the use and storage of hazardous materials and handling and disposal of hazardous waste. All local agencies (might be city, county or state government) require businesses who use and store hazardous materials above a certain amount to be permitted by their agency. These agencies, often known as the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA), require compliance with hazardous materials regulations that fall into several categories as follows.
- Storage of hazardous materials –labeling, proper storage and signs
- Handling of hazardous materials - includes worker safety training and personal protective clothing as well as emergency response procedures
- Storage and disposal of hazardous waste – includes disposal documentation Any business that stores more than 55 gallons of liquid or 500 pounds of solid hazardous materials or more than 200 cubic feet of compressed gas (other than propane, oxygen, nitrogen or nitrous oxide) must submit a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP). The purpose of this plan is to ensure the health and safety of workers in the facility and for emergency responders. The HMBP summarizes the categories of information described above for a facility and is site specific. ERAS can provide the following services.
- Preparation of HMBP – starting at less than $1,000, price will vary significantly based on size and type of facility, number of buildings, amount of different hazardous materials, their location and number of employees
- Compliance with hazardous materials regulations – We provide advice before the CUPA does their inspection
- Consultation regarding employee training and emergency response
- Hazardous materials facility closure